Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hi Everyone!

Hey! :)

Hockey. Where to begin? Hockey, the stereotypical Canadian sport. Hockey, a sport that a variety of people enjoy in some form. I don't even know how to go on from here, so I will just leave it at that. Hockey is a great sport that we all love.
I have a ridiculous love for hockey, despite not playing the sport myself. I mean, I adore hockey to the extent that one of my friends calls me a "heroine addict but with hockey," which is partly where Confessions Of A Hockey Junkie originated from, however I have called myself a Hockey Junkie long before he called me a "heroine addict with hockey." But I digress.

Anyways, about two years ago, after reading countless websites about hockey and hockey players, I had the desire to create my own blog. Mostly, because I was tired of the fact that if it was either a completely technical hockey blog, or it was basically a puck bunny writing. I couldn't stand either. And at that point, that's when Two Sides Of The Female Hockey Fan was born. (Brutal long name, right?) That was an.... interesting.... experience for me. It taught me that I have the crappiest time management skills and that my dedication can wane pretty quickly. I started off posting pretty regularly but it was a little too puck bunny for my likings. So then when the next season started, I tried my best to write on every single game that the Oilers played and then I would try to write on any other big news around the league. Writing on every single game wore me out because like I said, time management skills sucked. But at least it stopped being so puckbunny-ish. Which I was quite proud of. I mean, there's no denying that I notice when a hockey player is good looking, but that's because I'm a girl and we all have eyes, but I am by no means a puck bunny. And I hate the term puck bunny, but it's nicer that some of the other terms for that. Anyways. I went for pretty much a year without writing as "2sfhf" and I missed it. And I couldn't wait to start a new blog. Get away from all that 2sfhf was and wasn't, and to be able to write more like myself.

Then with the lockout at the beginning of the season, I had absolutely no motivation or reason to starting over, so when it was announced that the season would return, that lit the fire under my ass.

And here I am, starting anew as Hockey Junkie.

So to any of you, who actually made it through that rant of mine, HEY! and to any of you who got here off Two Sides, WELCOME BACK, I'VE MISSED YOU ALL!

I will be writing a bit over the next week and a bit until hockey begins, but unfortunately I have exams after hockey returns so for the next three weeks my updating will be a little sporadic, just hang in there with me. I promise that after these first few weeks, I will have figured out a routine and will be sharing my opinion on anything and everything hockey related.


Love,
Amanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment